Saturday, February 13, 2010

And in my head it would be a beautiful pie crust!



The conversation went something like this:

Rachel - mom, when you cook a pie crust are you supposed to prick the bottom and the sides with a fork?

Mom- yes

R- I forgot the sides and pricked the bottom and everything went puffy and shrunk. It looks horrible. (add a little more drama when you read this)

m- giggle giggle hee hee

R- It isn't funny.

M- Oh it isn't? Sorry.

R- Great, now what am I going to do?

M- Nobody will see the crust, just make the filling and it will be great.

So I settled down and took moms advice and decided just to hide the crust( which looked hideous but tasted delicious I might add) with the banana cream filling. Things were going to be just fine. Please go to part 2 of banana cream pie.

1 comment:

  1. Rachel, I am impressed with your domestics. =) Maybe I should make a pie once in a while. This is not funny hee hee! It was fun to talk to you and I am excited that you now have a blog!

    ReplyDelete