The banana cream filling process began. I carefully read and re-read the directions to make the filling. Things were looking up. In fact, I was getting really excited to eat this pie. As I neared the end and had five minutes to go I started wondering if the liquid I was looking at in the pan would actually thicken up. HMMMMM.
R- hi mom it's me again. Is the filling for the pie supposed to be like runny milk?
M- did you add any thickener?
R- yes, 1/2 cup of cornstarch.
M- well that should definitely be plenty.
I won't go on through the rest of the conversation. Just imagine me being very frustrated and maybe a little dramatic and you'll get the picture.
I had to leave with the kids to meet Thad in bountiful so I decided to just pour the liquid into the pie crust and hoped it would set up. We arrived home a few hours later. As you look at the picture of the pie I will answer your question. Yes, the bananas are floating. Now you know - sigh. Miriam was actually sad I dumped the liquid pie down the drain. Thanks Miriam :)
No comments:
Post a Comment